Thursday, May 30, 2013

Balsamic Roast Beef - Crock Pot

I have to admit I love my crock pot!  As much as I love cooking and spending hours preparing food for my family....I also love the fact that I can push that easy button and know that within 6 - 8 hours dinner will be ready to serve.  Yesterday was one of those days.  We had spent 4 days at a cabin on the Strait playing on the beach while my husband halibut fished with a buddy.  So I have spent the better part of 2 days catching up on laundry.  Not to mention the fact that Jakey came home with a nasty cold, Matt started summer league basketball yesterday and Ray was working up north for the day.  So I kinda thought I needed the easy button.

I had pinned this recipe a few weeks ago and it was the perfect for what we needed yesterday.  It was posted over on quickneasyrecipes.net.   I through it in about 10am and by 5:30 it was fall apart delish.  I had served the shredded meat on French rolls and used the gravy/broth as au jus. 

The meat was super tender....the boys loved it and Ray is already coming up with ways to use the leftovers.  (Keep in mind there is not a lot left.)


Chop garlic cloves.  I used more than the recipe called for and I sliced mine.  They hold up better during cooking and we enjoy the little slices on the sandwich.

Whisk together beef broth, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, honey and pepper flakes.

Place beef roast in crock pot....toss in the garlic slices and cover with broth mixture.  Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hrs.

Remove roast from pot and with a fork break the meat apart.  It really won't take too much effort,...mine was fall apart tender.


Balsamic Roast Beef
 
1 3/4 lb beef roast
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp pepper flakes
4 garlic cloves, chopped
 
1.  Chop garlic cloves.
 
2.  Whisk together broth, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, honey and pepper flakes.
 
3.  Place roast in crock pot, toss in garlic and pour broth over the top.
 
4.  Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high 6-8 hours.
 
5.  When done remove and pull meat apart and ladle a bit of the broth/gravy over the top.
 
 
Regardless of how you serve this roast beef you will love it.  As a French dip like I did....or served with roasted potatoes and a veggie....either way yummy!
 
 
Happy Thursday.....Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment