Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Flip Frame - Mini Book

It is a sick day at my house....poor Jakey is home with a bad cold.  I guess too much weekend fun finally caught up with him.  After getting him all cozy with a blanket and Sponge Bob I headed down stairs to my craft area.  Originally, I was only going to move and organize things a bit more.  I have to say that it is really starting to look like a fun workable space.  While I was going through a stack of scrapbook paper (which I have WAY to much of) I found some fun pink spring paper and thought I need to do something with this.   I had also found a plastic easel type frame that I bought for something and never used....something I do all to often.  Well...really...you never know when you might need it....like today.

So after pulling scraps and embellishments together that matched I started putting it all together.  I have to admit it turned too cute.  It will work as a great "girly" gift and I got the perfect girly in mind.



First, I cut the pages of the mini book out of chipboard and then covered them with coordinating paper.  After covering the pages I used my Bind-it-all to attach them. 



I embellished each page with flowers, washi tape banners and matting paper for pictures.


I made sure that I covered front and back of the pages so as you flip both sides will be filled with memories and pictures.  I also varied the size of the pages just for fun and also added a couple of tabs on the side to add more embellishments.  I added lots of ribbon, glitter and paper clips that have ribbon or washi tape on them.


Once all of the pages were complete I cut a piece of paper to fit inside the plastic frame....I made sure I had saved a coordinating piece that would be big enough.  And then I used hot glue to attach the mini book to the plastic frame.  Making sure to keep the wire O-ring above the top of the frame to allow the pages to flip over.

 
I really didn't have a plan....I just started putting things together adding more as I went along.  Don't you just love it when a plan comes together.

Grab some scraps and just go...don't think...just craft!

 
Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment