Friday, March 22, 2013

Tropical Wave

Hello Friday....oh how I have missed you!  I realized earlier this week while driving to parent teacher conference that it had been a while since I had posted anything.  These last few weeks have just been a blur....not sure where the days have gone.

It was a crazy weather day here in the Pacific Northwest....all morning we had beautiful blue skies and farther north...snow and ice!  Holy cats...you gotta love spring around here.  For happy hour today I was thinking tropical...warm...coconut.  So....a Tropical Wave was the answer. 
It is a great blue green color....during football season we like to call these a Seahawk Blitz.  In my house football season can not come soon enough.

Tropical Wave
 
1oz vodka
1oz coconut rum
1/2oz blue curacao
1/2 cup pineapple juice
fresca or sprite
 
1.  Fill glass with ice
2.  Add vodka, rum, blue curacao and pineapple juice....stir.
3.  Fill with fresca.
 
 
I discovered Skky pineapple vodka....and I was pretty excited...but in the end I was a bit disappointed.  It has a wonderful pineapple smell...but the flavor didn't do it for me.   I did however use it in this drink and it was delish!
 
Cheers My Friends!  Enjoy!

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment