Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spinach Strawberry Salad

I suppose this should be "what did Debbie make last week".  Wow!  I can't believe how fast this last week went.  The boys were on Spring Break and it seemed like we had something planned for each day.  They keep this momma busy.....and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

My husband is not a salad guy...and really neither are the boys.  They love an occasional taco salad or side salad but that is about it.  I love salads...but I am often disappointed when I make a salad at home.  Why is it that they always taste better when eating out.  Same ingredients...same everything...but different.  So when I find a salad that is just as delish at home I make it a lot...in fact I made this salad two times in less than a week.  Now...the boys weren't big fans....but my husband loved it!

I have seen lots of versions of this salad out there...and I just took the bits that I liked from each and combined them into one very yummy plate of goodness.

 

When I was gathering all the ingredients we were on our way to dinner with friends so I took a little help from the store.  I used honey sugar pecans that come in this great package in the produce section.  I am sorry that I can't remember the brand....and most of the time I would just make own.

Chop your spinach and add to a nice large bowl....big enough to toss once you get everything added.

Add the sliced strawberries and thinly sliced red onions.

Then add the pecans and crumbled feta cheese.  Toss well and add poppy seed salad dressing.  Make your own or use your favorite.



Spinach Strawberry Salad
 
bag of spinach, chopped
1 pint strawberries, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced thin
1 container of crumbled feta cheese
1 cup honey sugared pecans
poppy seed salad dressing
 
Toss all ingredients together....add dressing when ready to serve.
 
The amounts will vary on how many people you are serving...or how much you love this salad.  Feel free to add more berries,...less onion...make it however you like it.  There is no "right" way....only the way you will enjoy it.
 
Happy Sunday!  Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment