Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie

 I have been trying to find new fun breakfast choices for my boys. They are both very predictable in what they will have. Cereal for Jakey and Matt will have a English muffin breakfast sandwich. I try to add fruit which they both love....but not for breakfast. So when I was poking around Pinterest the other day I was pretty excited when I found these breakfast cookies. Thanks to watching-what-i-eat.blogspot.com I will be adding some fruit and fiber into the menu tomorrow morning.



Since there is no sugar added to these cookies I was afraid that my little darlings would turn up their noses so.....I sprinkled in just a few white chocolate chips.  I know....I thought these were supposed to be healthy....but really there are just a few.



 Mix applesauce, vanilla and cinnamon together.



Add quick oats, smashed bananas and craisins.  Allow mixture to rest 10 minutes.


Drop spoonful onto cookies sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 min.


Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.



Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie
 
1 1/2 cups quick oats
2 smashed ripe banana
1 cup applesauce
1/3 cup Craisins
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
 
1.  Mix vanilla, cinnamon and applesauce together
 
2.  Blend with remaining ingredients.
 
3.  Let stand for 10 minutes.
 
4.  Drop spoonful onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
 
5.  Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
 


 


 
Happy Wednesday my Friends!  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment