Monday, April 8, 2013

Chocolate No-Bake Cookies

There are very few sweets that my husband ever asks for....but these cookies are at the top of the list.  This month we will be celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary and it probably took me 18 years to master them.  I could never make them like his Grandma....not even close.  I know....how can you not make them right!....they are so simple. I hated making them because they would never set up.  They were always to soft or gooey.  Well once I figured out that you HAVE to use butter and not margarine (which no one told me) they soon became a cookie I made all the time.

These are not fancy cookies....but they have a special place in our family.  Ray's grandma passed away last year and he holds many memories of her in his heart....and her chocolate no-bake cookies always makes him smile.




Combine sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and cocoa powder in a large saucepan.


Bring to boil.....stirring constantly.

Add in oatmeal....combine well.

Drop spoonful onto wax paper.  Allow to cool and set.


Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
 
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter
4 tbsp. cocoa powder
3 cups quick oats
 
1.  Add sugar, milk, vanilla, butter and cocoa powder to a large saucepan.  Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. 
 
2.  Boil for 2 minutes.
 
3.  Remove from heat and stir in oats until well combined.
 
4.  Working quickly, drop spoonful of mixture onto wax paper.
 
5.  Allow to cool and set.
 
 
Be sure to use butter.....margarine will not work.
 
 
 
Happy Monday my Friends.....take time to remember those that live in our memory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment