Sunday, March 3, 2013

Asian Noodle Salad

My husband and I just got back from a weekend  at Great Wolf Lodge with 5 boys.  For Matt and Jacob's birthdays this year we told them they could each take a friend and we would take them for a weekend away.  Matt actually took 2 friends and Jacob took his best friend (which happens to be his cousin and neighbor). 

It is amazing to me how much teenage boys can eat!  We had that room packed with snacks and drinks for them....they definitely had their fill on junk food.  But...it was a fun birthday weekend so I probably went a little over the top.  So now that we are back I think we will go with a light dinner. 

This salad is a favorite in my house.  It is super easy and by adding grilled chicken to it you can make it a meal.  I got this salad recipe from my friend Chris.  She moved to Arizona a few years ago...and every time I make this salad I think of her.  Makes me miss her more...but I love remembering the fun we all had.

 
 
 
Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
 
 
Chop cilantro and grate carrots



Toss noodles, carrots, cilantro, dressing and peanuts together.
 
 
Asian Noodle Salad
 
2 pkgs of Top Ramen
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 carrot, grated
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
 
1.  Discard seasoning mix that comes with the noodles.  Boil noodles til tender, drain and rinse with cold water.
 
2.  In a bowl mix together vinegar, salt, sugar, oil, red pepper flakes, garlic and lime juice.  Whisk well to dissolve sugar.
 
3.  Place cold noodles in a large bowl.  Add cilantro, carrots, dressing and peanuts.  Toss and serve.
 
 
*Can add sesame seeds, red pepper and or grilled chicken.

*When I make this salad for my family I typically double it.  When I make it for a gathering I will use 10 pkgs of Ramen.  (that is 5x the posted amounts)

 
Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment