Thursday, February 28, 2013

Spaghetti Garlic Bread

It was basketball afternoon for us today.  A game that is supposed to start at 4:30 starts nearly an hour late due to transportation issues.  I really need to start planning a bit better....maybe crock pot meals on basketball nights.  I had planned on pork chops, couscous and asparagus...but  had to go for fast and easy.

When it comes to spaghetti I have one child that LOVES it and another that will eat it only if he can have bread with it. So when I suggested spaghetti tonight...Matt turned up his nose and said "really!"  I had this great idea!  Typically when I have a great idea....it never turns out quite like I think it will.  I have seen on Pinterest a garlic bread with spaghetti baked inside....so I thought I could pull it off with a loaf of french bread from the bakery. 

It was fast....it was easy...it was messy and really it didn't turn out like I had imagined.  But....the boys loved it....even my "I don't like spaghetti" child.  He asked for more!  When I said that I wasn't going to blog it because it was a big mess....they both said..."Yea...but it is delish!" 

So...here it is.....be sure to have plenty of napkins.



Since I had a loaf of  french bread from the bakery I decided to scoop the center out of one side....brush it with garlic butter and toss it under the broiler until it got toasty.
 
After I boiled the noodles and tossed it with sauce...I scooped some into the hollowed out bread and topped with Italian blend cheese.
 
 
I wrapped the loaf in foil and tossed into a 325 degree oven for about 15 minutes.  Took it out of the oven and sliced.

 
Remember the napkins...serve with a side salad and this will please even the pickiest basketball player.
 
Happy Thursday My Friends!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment