Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic Dip

It never fails...every year towards the middle of February I get Spring Fever.  Each year there is at least a week in February when the sun shines, the temp is nearing 50 and I can't wait for the season to change.  Some years though the joke is on me....a week later it will rain and rain and rain....or even worse SNOW!  Don't get me wrong I love snow....but snow is for December or January....not as we near March. 

Yesterday, it was a beautiful day and I started remembering all of my favorite spring recipes.  Let's face it as spring slowly approaches we all start thinking about loosing some of our "winter fur".  This dip is one of my favorites and perfect to serve with a plate of veggies.  I have lightened it up a bit from its original. 

 

 
Once a month I get the chance to spend the night with a group of ladies I just don't get to see often enough.  We have been playing Bunco for nearly 11 years now.  Over the years we have shared lots of laughs and a few tears.  Tonight when we gather for appetizers, drinks and dice we will be enjoying this wonderful dip.  We always say that we should put together all of our favorite Bunco recipes and publish them....hmmm....maybe someday.
 
Sun dried Tomato and Garlic Dip
 
8 oz light cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup light mayo
1/2 cup finely chopped sun dried tomato
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
black pepper
 
1.  Mix cream cheese and mayonnaise together well.  Make sure it is well combined so there are no lumps.
 
2.  Mix in tomatoes, garlic, chives and pepper til well combined. ( I have used either tomatoes in the jar with the oil or the tomatoes that need to be re-hydrated.  The ones with the oil obviously will not be as figure friendly.) 
 
3.  Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. 
 
4.  Serve with veggies, crackers or bread.
 
Happy Saturday!  And remember to take time this weekend to enjoy the sunshine and good friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment