Sunday, February 24, 2013

Banana Pudding Dessert

It has been a weekend full of Birthday Celebration!  Matt turned 14 today and we have celebrated since Friday.  It all started with a group of friends hanging out Friday night.  I made so many things for them that I could have blogged all night long....but holy cats!....I never had a chance to get to my computer.  I did finally tell them around 10pm that the kitchen was closed!  That was after an every 45 minute snack/meal was put in front of them.  Everything from cheeseburger sliders to brownies...those boys got it all.

I started a tradition with my boys long ago where I let them choose their birthday dessert.  Unlike most kids, neither one of my boys like traditional cake and ice cream....they just don't love the sweet frosting.  Don't get me wrong they love...love...love the sweets....just not frosting.  So when I asked him his choice he thought about it for a minute and without hesitation he says "How bout that banana dessert that Grandma makes."  I wish that I could give Grandma credit...or even take credit for it myself but I can't.  This is a Paula Dean recipe...I can't even remember the actual name but it is something like "Ain't Your Mommas Banana Pudding".  But what ever you want to call it....it is Delish!  People will go back for seconds...even those people who never eat dessert (like my sister). 


It is really a very simple recipe to put together.  In fact Jacob and I put it together at 8:00 this morning and we were done in less than 30 minutes.  He was so excited...he was standing over my bed at 7:30 telling me we had to get up and make Matt's dessert.  I am so lucky....I have such sweet kind boys.

 
Banana Pudding Dessert
 
12 oz cool whip, thawed
8 oz cream cheese
5 oz package of vanilla pudding mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
6 bananas
2 packages of Chess Man cookies
2 cups milk
 
 
1.  Mix pudding package with milk.  Set aside.
 
2.  Whip cream cheese and condensed milk well.....until smooth.
 
3.  Fold cool whip into cream cheese mixture.
 
4.  Add cream cheese/cool whip mixture to pudding.
 
5.  Layer Chessman cookies into a glass pan, top with sliced bananas. 
 
6.  On top of bananas spread the pudding mixture over evenly.
 
7.  Top with another layer of cookies.
 
8.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.
 
Happy Sunday!  Remember to always make birthdays special!
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment