Monday, February 18, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies

I am so thankful everyday that no one in my family has a nut allergy.  Peanut butter is a staple in my pantry that is never missing.  Jacob would live on PB&J sammies if I let him and celery with peanut butter is a favorite snack. 

When Matt was a preschooler (so 10 years ago) I bought an Emeril Lagasse cookbook designed for kids.  Matt and I made a few recipes together including these cookies.  I can remember cooking with him but the only recipe I really remember is this one.  These cookies have it all!  Easy, with only 3 ingredients.....super moist, almost melt in your mouth and Delish! 

So Jacob and I decided to make these cookies today....what better way to wrap up a nice long 4 day weekend.  Of course I love baking....but today it was extra fun baking with my special guy.

 
 
Peanut Butter Cookies
 
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
 
1.  Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Mix well until all combined
 
2.  Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheet.  Flatten with fork making cross lines.
 
3.  Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
 
4.  Allow cookies to rest for a couple of minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.  They tend to be very soft until they cool.
 
 
 
Happy Monday....Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment