Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Marinated Pork Tenderloin

Back in January, I made my New Year Resolutions just like everyone else.  But this year I waned to do things a little differently.  I decided that for each month I would do something that I have always wanted to do...something that may even be a little out of my comfort zone.  This way I have 12 resolutions that get checked off one at a time.  Some are going to be a one time thing...others will be ongoing.  

The first thing on my list was to start a blog.  So that is how this got started.  January's resolution complete! 

Now...onto February.  For the past 9 years my craft/scrapbook space has been in a dark lonely corner in our basement.  Before that I had an entire room dedicated to "my loot" but when I found out I was pregnant with my dear little Jacob I gave up my space for his nursery.  The space that I have been in always seems to be the place where everything gets tossed.  Anything and everything ends up in there!  So I decided that for this month I was going to make it a place I can create in and enjoy being there.  Just to let you know how bad it was....I started on Monday and now Wednesday I am still not done.  I suppose I should have posted "before" pictures...but I would have been way to embarrassed.  But I will post pictures of the completed project.

So between moving junk and chasing dust bunnies yesterday I managed to pull off a yummy dinner.  This pork is so versatile and could be paired with just about anything.  I served mine with quinoa that had been tossed with oven roasted veggies.  Matt and Jake being the carnivores that they are LOVED it!  Jakey isn't much of a quinoa fan so he had mashed potatoes and corn with his. 

 
 
Super easy to mix the marinade together and toss it in the fridge til dinner time.




 
I actually had 2  1 lb tenderloins and the marinade amount seemed perfect.

 
Remove the pork from the fridge and place in a hot pan with a little bit of olive oil.
 
Once the meat is browned on all sides, place meat in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until the meat reaches 160 degrees. 
 
Recipe adapted from chefmommy-brandao.blogspot.com
 

 
Marinated Pork Tenderloin
 
1pound pork tenderloin
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
juice from 1 lemon
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp dry mustard
4 garlic cloves, minced
black pepper
 
1.  Mix oil, soy sauce,vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, garlic and pepper in a bowl.  Whisk to combine well....reserve 3 tbsp of marinade for pan sauce later.
 
2.  Place pork tenderloin in a large resealable bag and pour marinade over it.  Zip bag closed and give contents a good toss/rub to make sure meat is completely covered.
 
3.  Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
 
4.  When ready to cook....heat a large skillet with a bit of olive oil.  Place tenderloin in pan (discard marinade) and brown meat about 2-3 minutes per side.
 
5.  Place meat in baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until meat reaches 160 degrees.
 
6.  While meat is in oven get the pan hot again and add 1/2 cup of chicken broth to the pan drippings.  Add the 3 tbsp of reserved marinade...use a whisk to get all the goodies up from the pan.  Turn heat down and add 2 tsp of butter...whisking until melted.
 
7.  Allow meat to rest a few minutes before slicing.  Drizzle the pan sauce over meat when ready to serve.
 
Happy Wednesday my Friends....Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment