Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ranch Chicken Burrito

Over the years I have made lots of things and people have said to me...."I need this recipe!" or asked "How did you make this?"...and often my answer is "I just threw a bunch of stuff together".  When I am in a "create mood", whether it is in the kitchen or in my craft room, I just wing it and if it works great....if not...well...it was fun trying.  But during this process I never write down what I am doing...I never measure how much...I just do it.  I know...sometimes it drives me crazy too...but it is just me...don't judge. 

So now with that said, while you are reading this recipe it will be clear as to why there are no exact measurements. 

This has easily become a quick and easy go to for dinner in our house.  The boys loved it and the best part is the left-overs are just as yummy.  (if you have left-overs)

 
You could easily adapt this into an enchilada and bake it with a sauce....I tried to keep it simple..to please everyone.

Mix half of a package of taco seasoning mix and half a package of ranch dressing mix (the dry powder).
 

 
Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with the seasoning.  Heat a pan to medium that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Add chicken and cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
 


 
Add chicken broth to pan with chicken and continue cooking.  I place a lid on the pan to create steam in order to keep the chicken from drying out.
 

 
When chicken is cooked through, remove chicken from pan and shred.  Best way I have found is to use 2 forks.







  

To assemble the burrito spread the ranch dressing/salsa mixture onto a tortilla.  Add some of the shredded chicken and then cheese.  I used a shredded Mexican blend.  Roll up the tortilla and place in a baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.  When  all the burritos are assembled sprinkle with more cheese on the top and place in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 min or until cheese is bubbly.
 

 
 To serve drizzle a bit of the reserved ranch dressing/salsa mixture over the burrito.  We like ours with shredded lettuce on the side.  Feel free to add avocado, tomato and onions on the side.


Ranch Chicken Burrito

 
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg ranch dressing dry mix
1/2 cup chicken broth
bottle of ranch dressing
your favorite salsa
7 tortillas
shredded Mexican blend cheese
 
 
1.  Combine half a package of taco seasoning with half a package of ranch dressing mix.
 
2.  Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts.  Add to a hot pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Cook both sides for 3-4 minutes.
 
3.  Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth to pan with chicken.  Continue cooking until chicken is done. 
 
4.  Remove chicken and shred.
 
5.  Combine equal parts ranch dressing and salsa in a small bowl.
 
6.  To assemble burrito...spread a bit of the ranch dressing/salsa mixture onto a tortilla, top with shredded chicken, sprinkle with cheese and roll the tortilla.  Place into a sprayed baking dish. 
 
7.  When all the burritos are assembled in the baking dish top with shredded cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes until cheese has melted and bubbly.
 
 
 
Enjoy!  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment