Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Spiced Cider

It isn't often that I mid week post Happy Hour recipes but I really wanted to make an exception today. I had intended on posting this over the weekend but a family emergency kept me everywhere except at home with my computer.  But all is well now and I am actually thinking a nice cocktail is just what I need after the last few days.

I wish I could remember when I first had this drink....or who made it for me.  What I do remember is how much I love it.  It has to be my absolute favorite fall drink.  Actually Fall in a Glass is how I often refer to it.  I am sure that you could make this a warm cocktail as well.  By just heating the apple cider and then adding the spirits....I am sure it would be delish.  I however am not a big fan of warm cocktails....they just make me cozy and sleepy....which I suppose is not a bad thing. 

When making this you could use apple juice....but it isn't the same.  Find your favorite fresh apple cider and use that.  We have a local farm that makes fresh pressed apple cider....and apple fritters...but we will leave that for another day.  I typically will use Sailor Jerry's spiced rum...but as you can see Captain Morgan will work just as well.  The key really is the apple cider.

Spiced Cider
2 oz spiced rum
1 oz cinnamon schnapps
fresh apple cider
 
1.  Fill a glass with ice.
 
2.  Add rum and schnapps
 
3.  Fill glass with cider and stir.
 
Happy Tuesday!  Enjoy a mid week Happy Hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment