Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mounds Brownie Bars

So another school year has begun for us.  It was kind of a big one in different ways for both of the boys.  Matt, my oldest son, headed off to his first year of High School this morning.  We were both pretty nervous about it.  He was afraid he was going to get lost in such a big school....I was worried because he was worried! 

Little Jakey walked into 4th grade today. He told me this morning that he didn't need us to walk him to his class.  He said "Mom....I am in 4th grade now!  I got this!".   I had to smile even though my heart was breaking.  I love watching my children grow and become independent....but as each day passes they need me just a little bit less than they did the day before. 

But the one thing they always look to me for is After School Snacks!  They will tell you though that I am much more creative at the beginning of the school year.....after Spring Break....not so much.  So following tradition today they are having a fantastic snack.

When Halloween rolls around I am so guilty of sneaking the Mounds and Almond Joys.....really what is better than coconut and chocolate.  When I found these over at www.inkatrinaskitchen.com a few months ago I was originally thinking Christmas Cookie Exchange....but I think these are the perfect fit for the first day of school.






Mounds Brownie Bars
1 pkg family size brownie mix
5  cups sweetened flaked coconut
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 container of chocolate frosting
 
1.  Prepare brownies according to package.
 
2.  Mix coconut, condensed milk and powdered sugar in mixer.
 
3.  Spread coconut mixture over cooled brownies.
 
4.  Remove lid and foil from frosting container and microwave for 10 seconds.  Or until frosting is thinned and pourable.
 
5.  Pour frosting over brownies.  Allow frosting to harden and set before cutting.
 
 
To all the teachers out there.....Have a Wonderful Year.
Thanks for all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment