Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Apple Snickerdoodle Cobbler

I think I may have already mentioned how much I love Fall!  My boys have 1 week until school starts....the weather is already changing.  The leaves are starting to change....a few damp drizzly mornings....yep Fall is on its way. 

A week ago my friend Heidi gave me a bag of apples that she had gathered off one of her trees.  She has 3 so you can imagine the bounty of apples she has to share.  Anyway, I wanted to find something a little different.  Don't get me wrong who doesn't love a great apple pie, crisp or cobbler....but I was looking for a recipe a little "out of the norm".  When I came across this over at www.bakedbyrachel.com I knew it was what I was looking for.  Simple and quick but different....just what I wanted.

I will admit that I used the easy button today....I didn't make my own cookie dough.  I was shopping at Fred Meyer this morning and found pre-made snickerdoodle cookie dough.  I know right!  I was just going to use sugar cookie dough....but I hit the jackpot.   

So I grabbed my apple peeler gadget and the apples and got to it.  Seriously this couldn't be easier....peeling the apples takes the longest and even that was a piece of cake with the peeler.  It made the house smell incredible!  Apples and cinnamon....really....for me it doesn't get much better.

The cookie topping makes a nice little spot for whip cream to sit.....just the right amount of sweet....the apples are still a bit tart.  Just perfect.

Peel and slice 7 cups of apples.  Add brown sugar and cinnamon.  Toss to mix.



Place the sugar coated apples into a 8x8 baking dish.

Grab your cookie dough....store bought or some that you have made.....have a cinnamon and sugar mixture to roll the cookie balls in. 

Place the cookie pieces on top of the sliced apples.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.


Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.

Scoop some into a bowl...be sure to grab a cookie topper......

 The a dollop of whip cream or a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream....either way you will love it.

Apple Snickerdoodle Cobbler
 
7 cups sliced apples, peeled
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 pkg of sugar cookie dough, or snickerdoodle dough
 
 
1.  Peel and slice apples.
 
2.  Toss apples with brown sugar and cinnamon.
 
3.  Place apples into a 8x8 baking dish.
 
4.  Roll cookie dough in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.  Flatten balls and place on apples slices.
 
5.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 min.  Remove from oven and cool before serving.
 
 
Happy Wednesday!  Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment