Saturday, August 10, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Sliders

Yes....Football Season is almost upon us.  My adored Seahawks had their first pre-season game Thursday evening....and now I have the Tail-gating bug!  Ok...we really don't tailgate....our friends all gather to watch the game and enjoy tailgating type food.  Of course the menu does vary depending on what time the game is.  Our early morning games will have a breakfast theme....but I prefer the later games....the menu has a much wider range.

Most folks love buffalo chicken in some form.  But I wanted to gather the flavor....make it easy to eat....without the messy fingers.  I know for some the messier the better....but not for me.....I prefer not messy. 

I found a recipe over on www.shrinkingkitchen.com for buffalo chicken meatballs that I had originally pinned to use as an appetizer for Bunco night.  But when I saw it again I realized....hey...I could just flatten the balls and turn that into a great little slider...but I really wanted to keep the "healthy" appeal that it had.

I really didn't stray to far from the original recipe.....I did use the stove top to cook them instead of the oven. (mostly because it was nearly 90 that day)  I added more franks hot sauce and I probably added more blue cheese than it called for.....but I am a huge cheese lover....you decide how much cheese to use.


When I was ready to serve them....I had a bit of ranch dressing on each slider roll and had iceberg lettuce.  Yes....there was a bit of blue cheese on the side just in case SOMEONE (ok me) wanted a bit extra on the roll.  But here is the thing....I had to get expensive cheese at Costco because I forgot to pick it up at Walmart.  You know...I am used to buying the pre-crumbled kind that comes in the plastic container.  Let me tell you....this type from Costco was delish....totally creamy...not super strong....just plain yummy!


Buffalo Chicken Sliders
 
1 pound lean ground chicken
1 egg
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 celery stalk
1 carrot
2 green onions
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 oz of crumbled blue cheese *
1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce, divided *
1 tbsp. butter, melted
 
1.  Cut celery, carrot (peeled) and green onion into large pieces and place in a food processor.  Pulse until veggies are a fine consistency.
 
2.  In large bowl combine veggies, chicken, egg, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, blue cheese and 1/4 cup hot sauce.
 
3.  With hands mix until well combined....do not over mix.
 
4.  Form small slider patties.....you should be able to have 12 equal in size.
 
5.  Spray large skillet with cooking spray.  Place patties into pan.....fry until done. 
 
6.  While the slider patties are cooking melt butter.  Add the remaining 1/4 cup of hot sauce to the melted butter.  Whisk until well combined.
 
7.   When chicken is done....brush the butter mixture over the top of the patties.
 
8.  Serve on slider rolls with iceberg lettuce, ranch dressing and blue cheese crumbles if desired.
 
*  I probably used a 1/2 cup of Frank's in the meat mixture and 2 -3 ounces of cheese.
 
 
 
Happy Saturday My Friends! 
Enjoy a pre-season game this weekend with friends.....don't forget the sliders.


No comments:

Post a Comment