Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pesto Ranch Crockpot Chicken

I can't believe that "back to school" shopping is already here. We really only have a month left and the boys will be headed back to school.  This is kind of a big year for us....Matt is going to be a high school freshman.  It is hard to believe....without getting to weepy about him getting older....can I just say...I remember his first day of Kindergarten.....getting on that big bus when he looked so small.  Now he is taller than I am and has a deep voice that is very similar to his dad.  He has grown up fast....too fast....but he will always be my little "peanut".

Ok.....back to the real point of this ramble.  I took the boys shopping for back to school clothes earlier this week.  We had a great time....found a few screaming deals and came home with clothes that pleased everyone.  After we had gotten home I realized that I had nothing planned for dinner.  I had a pantry full and a freezer packed....so I went with something easy.

Several weeks ago I came across this recipe on Pinterest and knew I was going to have to give it a try soon.  Thanks to www.recipecritic.com for the post.

 Toss chicken breasts into crockpot.  Sprinkle a package of dry ranch season packet over chicken.  Pour a 6 oz jar of pesto over the top. And add a 1/2 cup of chicken broth.  Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.


We had ours with rice pilaf and fresh beans and sunburst squash from our garden.  It was super delish and the leftover chicken made a great topping for flat bread pizza.


Pesto Ranch Crockpot Chicken
 
6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg of dry ranch season packet
1 6oz jar of pesto
1/2 cup chicken broth
 
1.  Add all ingredients into crockpot.  Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on low.
 
 
 
Happy Saturday My Friends!  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment