Thursday, August 22, 2013

Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies

With school starting in less than 2 weeks, I decided that I should get a start on finding good after school snacks.  I may have mentioned before that my family loves peanut butter.  It is a pretty safe bet that my boys will love any cookie I make if it has pb in it.

While drinking my cup of coffee the other morning I came across these little sweeties over at www.sixsistersstuff.com.  When I read how addicting these are I thought.....I have to make them!  Not exactly sure what I was thinking.....lord knows the last thing I need in the house are addicting peanut butter cookies.  But I made them....and oh my they are delish.  The peanut butter mixture  is creamy and kind of reminds me of a fudge consistency.  (yes...I did lick the spoon clean after they were mixed up)

Matt couldn't wait for the chocolate to be drizzled on before he had to try them.  He loved them without the chocolate and both boys "super loved" them with the drizzle. 

They are very sweet...I think when I make them again I will make the cookies a bit smaller.  I was in a hurry and they did turn out a bit on the large side.




Bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil over medium heat.


Remove pan from heat and add peanut butter.  Stir well until mixture is creamy and smooth.

Pour peanut butter mixture over cornflakes.  Gently toss to coat well.

Make mounds of cookies on wax paper.

Drizzle each cookie with melted chocolate.



Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
 
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
18 oz creamy peanut butter
6 cups cornflakes
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
 
1.  Bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil in medium saucepan.
 
2.  Remove from heat and add peanut butter.  Stir until peanut butter is melted and  well combined.
 
3.  Place cornflakes into a large bowl.  Pour peanut butter mixture over the cornflakes and toss to coat well.
 
4.  Using your hands or a spoon form cookies and place on wax paper to set.
 
5.  Place chocolate chips into a bowl and microwave for 30-45 seconds until melted and smooth.
 
6.  Drizzle chocolate over cookies.  *
 
*I have found that the chocolate is much easier to drizzle if the melted chocolate is placed in a small zip-lock baggie and the corner cut off.  With a light squeeze the chocolate is much easier to drizzle.
 
 
 
Happy Thursday My Friends!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment