Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Monster Munch

The other day I mentioned that I had a few items still on my October "to do" list....I spent sometime this morning working on that list.  Yes...for those of you wondering I was able to get Jacob a costume.  Good thing he is pretty easy when it comes to what he will wear.  Last year was the first time I let him get something "scary"....sure he was a mini vampire when he was 4 and a zombie when he was 6.....but he was still cute.  Last year however he had the whole scary thing going on....mask, the shirt that was looking like a cracked open chest...you know all the goodness of Halloween that makes this Momma go....UGH!  But....I have boys and this is what boys do. 

So down the costume aisle of Walmart I went....believe me I so wanted to get the cowboy costume or the adorable Woody....but no...I grabbed the creepy zombie thing that he had picked out.  As I was putting it in the cart....I just told myself....It is only one night....let it go.

Besides the costumes I found myself faced with a bazillion bags of Halloween candy.  As I was trying to decide what types to gather I had a second thought.....I should just make a sweet treat that I know the boys will love.  I grabbed a bag of candy corn and a few other goodies that I know will make them smile.


When you make this feel free to add anything and everything that love.  In mine we have candy corn, Fall colored M&M's, Reese's Pieces, pretzels, peanuts and Oreo cookies.  It would be equally delish with corn Chex....which I may have added if I would have thought about it at the store.

Monster Munch
 
12-14 Oreos, broken
1 cup candy corn
1 1/2 cup pretzels, broken
1/2 cup M&M's
1/4 cup Reese's Pieces
1/2 cup peanuts
16 oz of melted white candy
 
1.  Place all the ingredients into a large bowl.  With your hands mix well.
 
2.  Melt white candy according to package. 

3.  When melted and smooth, pour over ingredients in bowl.  Mix gently, making sure all is coated evenly.

4.  Pour mixture out on to a cookie sheet that is covered with wax paper.

5. Spread mixture out evenly.  Sprinkle a few more M&M's and Reese's Pieces on top and then sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles.

6.  Allow to cool and then break into pieces.

 
Happy Tuesday!  Feed your little Monsters.


No comments:

Post a Comment