Monday, October 21, 2013

Sriracha Shrimp Stiry Fry

Wow! Where has the month gone?  It just seems like October started and now in less than 2 weeks we will be headed into November.  Yikes!  I had better get crackin on my October To Do List....because I know that I have a few  things left on there.....mainly getting Mr. Jacob a Halloween costume.   Guess what I will be doing this week.  Really I don't mind it is one of those things that I know soon he will outgrow and then I will miss it.  So...I just enjoy these moments because I know the older he gets the fewer we will have. 

So....let's  move on before I get all weepy over the fact that my boys are getting older.

Ever have one of those days when you are craving "Spicy"?  Sadly, I probably have more cravings for spicy things than I do for sweets. 

One of my husbands favorite meals is a big bowl of stir fry veggies with rice.....or even noodles.  With or without a protein....he really doesn't mind.  And actually we all love this as well...but he would literally eat it every other day.  It had been a week or so since I had used the wok so I thought lets have spicy stir fry!  It's a win-win for everyone.....and my craving will be satisfied.

I found this recipe for the shrimp marinade over at www.godofscrumprecipes.tumblr.com and of course I pinned it because I knew someday it would be used....and I was right.  In fact it will definitely be a go to when I need spicy shrimp....yes...it is that good.


Sriracha Shrimp
 
1 pound medium-size shrimps (heads removed and peeled)
1 Tablespoon Sriracha
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
Salt and Pepper
2 Tablespoons butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
 
1. Marinate shrimps in sriracha, oyster sauce, salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes.

2. Place wok or skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter then saute garlic until softened and fragrant (1 minute).

3. Add the shrimp into the sauteed aromatics and toss or “stir-fry”. Cook for no longer than 2 minutes or until shrimps curl-up (shrimp can overcook in a matter of seconds).


Here is the best part.....you can just eat them as is!  Or....you could serve them over steamed rice.  Or of course you could serve them over a bed of veggies and Asian noodles as I did.  The sprinkle of sesame seeds is always an added touch that makes anything yummy....if you love them like my family does.


Happy Monday!  Grab your Wok and go Spicy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment