Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Soy and Brown Sugar Salmon

So my husband went salmon fishing on the stormiest weekend on record in Washington during the month of September. The funny thing was, while it was raining buckets here at home up on the strait it was just breezy and misty....well at least until Sunday.  But regardless, with 3 days of fishing he brought back 6 beautiful fish. 

Besides halibut, salmon has to be one of my favorite fish.  I spent the better part of Sunday evening preparing the fish for the freezer....but picked out a very delicious looking fillet to have for dinner this week.  I couldn't hold out any longer,....I had to prepare it tonight....I just couldn't wait. 

So the only decision I had was how do I cook it.  I really love grilled fish on the BBQ....but the weather really wasn't stellar.  I thought about using my indoor grill pan....but then I decided to use my counter top convection oven.  I found a great marinade over at www.allrecipes.com.  It was super easy and quick.....all the things that we are looking for.

To be very honest with you I had no intention of blogging this but I couldn't let it go....it was just too delish.  I kind of thought that I would be able to taste the soy sauce just a little bit more....but it was the perfect combo of salt and sweet.  Anyway the beautiful plating was missed and I was stuck with one tiny little piece to use as a photo.  I served this with a nutty rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.  I am sorry that you need to use your imagination just a bit.....but trust me on this one it was very yummy.







Soy and Brown Sugar Salmon
1 1/2 lb salmon fillet
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup canola oil
garlic powder, to taste
salt and pepper to taste
 
1.  Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, water and oil in a bowl.  Whisk well to combine well.
 
2.  Season salmon fillet with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
 
3.  Place fillet in large zip lock bag and pour marinade over fish.  Seal bag well and gently tip the bag back and forth to make sure all of the fish is coated.
 
4.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
 
5.  Remove fish from bag, throw away marinade. 
 
6.  Cook salmon as desired. 
 
 
Happy Monday!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment