Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dip

I will be the first one to admit I have a sweet tooth.  Given the choice most times I will choose sweet over salty.  I have even been known to snitch a spoonful of frosting out of the fridge when the cookie jar is empty. 

Over the last few weeks I have seen several recipes for cookie dough dip....egg free of course.  And since I am a cookie dough eater...I had to choose one and  try it out.  I think my love of cookie dough comes from all the time I spent baking with my Grandma.  It didn't matter what type of cookie it was....we were always sampling the dough...and then the cookies after they came out of the oven.

I was really hoping that I could find a more "healthy" version.....but really....cookie dough dip....how healthy can you make it.  So this recipe was shared from www.yourhomebasedmom.com and it is very easy and super delish.  The boys love it on graham crackers and apples.  Yep....apples.....hah!  That's how I was able to throw the healthy in.  No...not really....still isn't healthy.  But a little sweet reward is ok once in awhile.....right?



Chocolate Chip Cookie Dip
 
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese, room temp
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
 3/4 cup chocolate chips
 
1.  In a small saucepan melt butter.  Add brown sugar, stirring til combined and sugar is dissolved.
 
2.  Add vanilla, mix well.  Allow butter mixture to cool.
 
3.  Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.  Add in cooled butter mixture and beat until will combined.
 
4.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Place in refrigerator until set and thickened.
 
5.  Serve with graham crackers and apples.
 
 
 
Happy Wednesday My Friends!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment