Saturday, July 13, 2013

Twisted Cosmo

Summer time happy hour....gotta love em!  After spending the day by the pool, splashing around with the boys a great refreshing cocktail sounds like a pretty good idea.  When deciding on a summer cocktail I typically try to keep them light....especially when it is really warm.  I have to laugh because living in Western Washington we rarely have "hot" days....so I have to refer to them as really warm.

Fall and winter martinis can be creamy and delish....but summer I am looking for tart.  When Jacob was just a little guy he would tell me how sour things were by how many eyes he closed at the taste.  I am definitely not looking for one eye sour....just tart. 

I actually found this at www.coastalliving.com and it was called Island Girl.  That makes me think tropical and this is not what I would call tropical.  To me....it is like a Cosmo martini with a little extra.  Besides renaming it I did make a few changes....you know me....I just can't let it go without making it my own. 

And yes....those of you wondering....I did paint this glass after I saw the really cute ones that were posted on Pinterest.  Mine didn't turn out super....but I have to admit that it has become my fave

 
Twisted Cosmo
16 oz cran-raspberry juice
16 lime flavored vodka
8 oz ginger-ale soda
4 oz fresh lime juice
Fresh lime for garnish
 
1.  Add all ingredients into a pitcher.  Mix gently.
 
2.  Pour over a glass filled with ice.
 
3.  Squeeze juice from a fresh lime slice and then place in glass for garnish.
 
*This amount will make 8 glasses.
 
So gather a group of friends....laugh...share a cocktail and enjoy!
 


Happy Saturday!  Cheers
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment