Friday, July 26, 2013

Tazo Passion Tea Lemonade

Ok....so several years ago Starbucks came out with a menu item I simply could not live without.  Tazo Passion Tea  Lemonade.....I remember like it was yesterday.  We had taken a mid summer vacation to Great Wolf Lodge and the boys were running around playing....I had a magazine to read and stopped in at Starbucks to get an iced coffee.  There it was....a new drink....just waiting to be tried.  That was all it took.....I was hooked.  Needless to say I spent way too much money that summer enjoying the goodness that came in that cup. 

Last summer I found the copycat for it on Pinterest....I know...what?...me on Pinterest....that's a shocker!  Anyway...I was so excited.  I went out and bought a box of the tea bags and the lemonade....made my simple syrup...I was a happy momma!  So just last week I was chatting with a friend and noticed that she had a box of Tazo Passion Tea on her counter...it caught my attention because it had a different look.  This box was for Iced Tea!  Holy Cats....This is the best thing ever! 

So off I went to get a box.  Each box will make 6 64oz pitchers....but the best part is instead of having a bunch of little tea bags....you only need 1!  Boil your water....pour it into the pitcher over the filter bag and let it set 5 minutes....remove the bag and fill with lemonade....could not be easier!

 
 
I know that this really isn't life changing.....but sometimes it is the little things in life that make you smile.  So for me....today....it is Tazo Passion Tea Lemonade in my favorite glass.  Summer happiness in a cup....tea and flip flops.
 
 
Tazo Passion Tea Lemonade
 
1 Tazo iced passion filter tea bag
4 cups lemonade
4 cups boiling water
simple syrup if desired
 
1.  Boil 4 cups of water.  Pour over filter tea bag and steep for 5 minutes.
 
2.  Add 4 cups of lemonade.  Stir to mix well.
 
3.  Pour over ice.  Add simple syrup if desired if tea is too tart.
 
 
Happy Friday My Friends! 
 Find the simple thing to make you smile today!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment