Thursday, January 24, 2013

Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Pork

I have to say I don't know what I would do without my slow cooker on crazy busy days.  From soups to meat I have a list of favorites and this BBQ Pork is definitely on the list.  My family prefers the pulled pork on a sandwich with or without a cabbage slaw but it could just be served along side rice or potatoes.  Add a salad and you are set. 

So tonight in between pick ups and drop offs to basketball practice the boys will have just enough time for a sandwich and I am pretty sure at least one of them will have another when we get back.  And then I will do something fun with the leftovers just in time for Happy Hour tomorrow.


Since there are only a few ingredients it is very simple to adjust if you have a larger piece of pork.  I used a 1 1/2 lb boneless pork roast.  Actually, I think it was in the 4 pack that you can get at Costco.


Place the piece of pork in slow cooker.  My roast was on the smallish side so I used my smaller slow cooker. 


In a bowl combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar, garlic, yellow mustard and red pepper flakes.


Mix together well and then pour over meat.  Cook on low for 6hrs.


After 6 hrs remove and shred.  I really have found no better way to shred meat besides two forks.
Once your meat is completely shredded add back to the slow cooker.   Toss to coat with the sauce and continue cooking on low for up to 2 hrs longer.  This will give the meat a chance to soak in the flavor

 
Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Pork
 
1 1/2 lb boneless pork roast
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp yellow mustard
red pepper flakes to taste
 
1.  Place pork roast into slow cooker.
2.  Combine sauce, sugar, garlic, mustard and pepper flakes in bowl.
3.  Pour sauce mixture over meat and cook on low for 6 hrs.
4.  After cooking time, remove meat and shred with forks.
5.  Place meat back into slow cooker and continue cooking for up to 2 more hrs on low.
 
 
Happy Thursday my friends!  Enjoy
.

No comments:

Post a Comment